Face Divorce Without Fear
The breakup of a marriage is nearly always difficult for everyone involved. On top of emotional pain, you may experience practical disruptions and many uncertainties. A caring, skillful family law attorney can bring stability during this time of change. Your lawyer can help you clarify your priorities and prepare for legal processes that will culminate in the restoration of your status as a single person once again.
At Basu Law Firm, PLLC, we have more than 15 combined years of experience as divorce lawyers serving the Houston area and beyond. Together with our staff members, we are ready to smooth the way for you regarding the legal aspects of your divorce. You may decide to get personal or family counseling, which we strongly recommend. For legal matters, you can entrust your case to us with confidence that we will guide you in the direction of your most important goals.
Getting Ready For Your Divorce
Some people contact us when they suspect divorce is on the way even though it is not yet certain. We commend the forward-thinking approach and gladly provide such clients with checklists. We may recommend the following steps for divorce preparation:
- Determine whether to ask for temporary court orders regarding custody, bank account access or spousal maintenance.
- Document your parenting activities with journal entries, photos or other records.
- Find ways to separate emotional work from financial necessities. Having a therapist can be helpful.
- Make an inventory of all assets that you and your spouse share.
- Discuss with your attorney whether you expect your case to be contentious or amicable.
- Ask your attorney to spell out the processes you will go through to divide assets and arrive at a parenting plan.
You can expect your checklist to be personalized to suit your needs at Basu Law Firm, PLLC. For example, if you or your spouse own a business or professional practice, there will be highly consequential decisions to make and processes to go through. You and your spouse will need to decide how to divide these assets. If you do not agree at first, you may arrive at the answers through:
- Settlement negotiations
- A trial
We are caring family law attorneys. At the same time, we can be aggressive to protect our clients’ interests as needed. In divorce cases, aggression may not be the most productive path. We’re ready to discuss your priorities as we map out your road to divorce and help you make it to the other side with your self-confidence intact.
One Call Will Put You In Contact With A Houston Divorce Lawyer
We are ready to listen carefully and guide you well along the way to the completion of your Texas divorce.
Se habla español.